THE RITE OF INITIATION OF ADULTS (RCIA)
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH?
* Are you a Catholic who has been away from the Church for some time?
* Do you have questions about God, Jesus, Scripture, the Gospel, Christian spirituality, the Catholic Church, life and/or death?
* Are you searching for a deeper meaning in your life?
* Did you miss out on receiving some of the sacraments or a religious education?
* Are you just looking for a deeper relationship with God or making sense of your faith and experience?
Then please contact the Parish Office to discuss your participation in our program.
We have a series of sessions for those interested in learning more about becoming a Catholic.
"The Sacraments of the Church are a very priviledged and grace-filled way for Christians to be drawn into the mystery of God's love. Many 'cradle' Catholics had the priviledge but it also contains a danger. They become so familiar with the sacraments that it is hard for them to appreciate God's power, love and forgiveness of these rituals. How can these adults re-kindle their love for the sacraments, especially for the Eucharist? How do they recapture the sense of wonder and awe in the sacraments? For many parents it happpens when their children are prepared t o receive the sacraments. For many parishioners, they re-capture the meaning and the power of the sacraments in the enthusiasm, the joy, the commitment of the adult catechumens as they prepare to be initiated with the parish community"
Fr. Elio Capra sdb from Called, gifted, sent.